ATDAC-810 DAC was designed to fill the gap between the 8A and 10S models (as ATDAC-92 had filled the gap between ATDAC-91 and ATDAC-9 / ATDAC-93).
Differences from 8AM:
• external power supply (analog bipolar + digital unipolar for OEM board, 230VAC for device in case)
• added coaxial and optical SPDIF inputs
Differences from 10 (10S):
• no FIFO buffer for jitter cancellation (JKill) on SPDIF inputs
• no Indication, Digital Filter Control, Remote Control
• a simpler circuit after the analog part (it is almost the same as in 8AM)
• no mute relay
From Q3.2021 ATDAC-810 is available as a complete device in metal case and as an OEM board, which the user will need to organize himself in some kind of case (or build in an amplifier or pre-amplifier, for example) and add his own power supply and input selector.
Block diagram of the device:
The USB transport is made on an XMOS XUF208 processor and is galvanically isolated from the rest of the device. As in our other USB transports, there is static input protection (ESD), a Clock Monitor and the firmware upgrade via USB.
All power regulators are linear.
SPDIF receiver is based on AK4113, with optical (toslink) and transformer coupled coaxial input.
Input switch can be rotary switch or buttons with dependent latching.
USB receiver is powered by USB bus. If there is no USB connection, device is still operate from the coaxial and optical inputs.
USB operation is not interrupted if the device is switched off - thanks to Clock Monitor, the computer to which the device is connected does not even “know” if the device is off or on.
Two Audio Clocks are provided from high-quality dual-frequency oscillator from Silicon Labs, located directly next to the DAC chip. It also feeds the clock frequency to the USB-transport and SPDIF receiver.
• SPDIF inputs: PCM 44.1/16 - 192/24
• USB input: PCM - 44.1/16 - 384/32, DSD DoP - x64 / x128, DSD Native - x64 / x128 / x256.
Disclaimer: the stability 192/24 operation from the optical input strongly depends on the quality of the optical cable and the sound source output, and is not 100% guaranteed!
We can easily make PCM768 and DSD512 support for USB input, if someone can convince us that someone really needs this.
Output voltage (0dBFS) - 2.3Vrms.
• analog bipolar +/- 12-15V, current up to 100 mA.
• digital unipolar + 4-7V, current up to 110 mA.
Input / output connectors: USB-B, TOSLINK, RCA.
When embedding a card, for example in an amplifier, it is advisable not to install RCA connectors, but take the signal from J8 connector.
Board dimensions including components: 100x85x20mm.
From Q3.2020 ATDAC-810 is coming with AK4493 instead of AK4490.
From Q3.2021 ATDAC-810 is available as a complete device in metal case.
* see the description in PDF in the download page.